Fall

Thursday, September 27, 2012

June 1, 2012

Four months later, I decided to blog about our wedding. Mostly because I didn't journal about it, so I might as well blog about it for future reminiscing.

Kyle and I drove to Salt Lake on the day before. I dropped him off at the hotel his grandparents were staying at, and drove to the hotel my parents were at. I loved spending the night with my parents and Jillyn. I think we slept in a little bit, because the wedding wasn't until 1:40. We had to be there at 12:10. I did my hair and makeup, and had lots of time to spare. So we relaxed a little and then I redid my hair. We headed to the temple where we met Kyle.

Kyle and I met with a temple worker man. The funniest part was that Kyle was pretty nervous. I could tell because he kept trying to crack jokes. I didn't know that he did that until that day. We signed our marriage license right there and then Lady and I went to get ready. The bride room in the Salt Lake Temple is HUGE, and was very full. But the ladies are so nice and helped us every step of the way.

I was so lucky because I got to get married in the same dress that Lady did. It was really nice. The temple was running a bit behind, which I imagine might happen quite often because there are so many weddings there. Luckily Kyle and I got to wait together. It was mostly a good wait, but we just started to get a little antsy as we sat and waited. The couple that was sitting across from us was so mad at each other. The bride would not let the groom touch her. He tried to hold her hand and she totally ignored him. We thought that was pretty funny and sad. Hello...this is your wedding day...you are going to remember this forever...

Finally, we got married. My grandpa sealed us. It was beautiful. We were so grateful to have friends and family there with us.


This picture includes a lot of the people there. There were a few missing. Clint, Jen and Mallory, Kyle's Uncle, Aunt and Cousin were with us, but they left early to get the luncheon started. And I was SOOOO grateful when Bishop & Sister Wengreen and Brother and Sister Leetham came. It was so wonderful :)

These beautiful girls came. It was SO AMAZING to have my 2 besties there. I was so surprised and so grateful they came!! Thank you Brookie for coming! :) and thank you Danielle for surprising me! You two are the best!!!

I would add more pictures, but the files are so large, it takes forever to upload. So then I have to go in a make them smaller, and that takes just as long. So, I'll just add a few.


With so many weddings, you can imagine that just about every common picture taking place is overflowing with people. It's so awkward to be in front of a hundred people you don't know and they are just watching you and waiting for you to be done.


Kyle almost dropped me in the water taking this picture. It turned out so cute though :) Worth it.


Is it corny that our rings are the "o" in forever? We have this picture in our bathroom. That might be a little weird...


This is the famous Salt Lake Temple shot. This shot is a lot of the reason that I wanted to get married here. I love how the temple looks. We are so grateful to add our sealing to the long list of amazing things that have happened in this beautiful building. Thank you to everyone who drove for hours to share this special day with us!





1 comment:

  1. YOU FINALLY UPDATED!! ha ha ha i've been checking for so long just waiting patiently well, minus the patiently. You two are so perfect for each other! I'm so happy for you guys, I wouldn't have missed the wedding for anything. I'm so glad you were able to go to San Diego! And SO jealous you got to go to the zoo!!! I LOVE you girl!!

    ReplyDelete