Fall

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Honeymoon - San Diego

After all of our wedding pictures were taken, we headed to a church for a lovely luncheon with our families. I was starved. Thank you Tim and Sherri for having delicious food for us! And I would like to thank whoever is responsible for our very minimal and very cute car decorations. I thought I had a picture of that, but I can't find it. I loved it :)

 Grandma and Grandpa Shiflet got us an amazing suite at the Marriot hotel next to the City Creek Mall. It was BEAUTIFUL! The chocolate covered strawberries and the sparkling cider were amazing! My one regret is that I didn't use the bidet. When will I ever have the opportunity to do that? Dang it.

We spent Saturday morning wandering around temple square and the City Creek mall. It was possibly the most enjoyable morning I've ever experienced. We packed everything up and drove to Las Vegas. We spent the night there and woke up early to finish the drive to San Diego. We spent Sunday evening walking around Old Town San Diego. I don't think I could ever get bored of Old Town. Everything is so beautiful and cultural and amazing.


This is the famous Cafe Coyote. Can you tell by the blurry picture in the background? Kyle LOVES mexican food, so he loved that. A man was walking around selling roses and my sweet husband bought one just for me. We loved Old Town so much.

We spent monday at the Safari Park.





Does this look like us? I think I look like Marie Osmond...

After the safari park we went to La Joya Beach.





I posted this picture for a couple of reasons. First, isn't he soooooo cute? Secondly, someone at the safari park saw Kyle and shouted "Where's Waldo?" I laughed so hard. Can you see it? Poor guy.









Tuesday we went to SeaWorld!






And to a Padres game. 


Kyle LOVES baseball. We watched the Padres beat the Giants. It was a beautiful walk off home run right over our heads. Yay!

Wednesday we relaxed a little and then went to the temple. Can you see our sunburns getting progressively worse through these pictures? Everyone in the temple knew we were tourists. How embarrassing...





The San Diego Temple is SOOOOO pretty. Inside and Out!

After the temple we went to mission beach and played and napped on the beach. It was beautiful. Everything is there. It's amazing.

Thursday we headed to the San Diego Zoo. We happened to go on the same exact day as a city wide third grade field trip. And who doesn't love third graders right? yikes. However, we did enjoy it very much. 




We bought this amazing wooden giraffe statue thing made in Kenya or something. So someday we will print this giraffe picture to put beside it. 

That night we headed over to the Mormon Battalion. Oh my goodness, it was so amazing! Everything is so technological. People in the pictures talk...like Harry Potter style. They take you on this tour all about the battalion. And you can even pan for gold after!


Friday we woke up and drove all the way home. I think it was about 17 hours. Kyle drove the whole way. And that's it! We look back and are just in awe about how amazing it was there. We were busy almost every second. It was such a fun way to start our marriage :)



No comments:

Post a Comment